The Best of Spanish Steampunk en el STORYBUNDLE anual de los VanderMeer
Queridos amigos nevskianos,
Nos complace anunciar que nuestro primer libro en inglés, The Best of Spanish Steampunk, ha sido seleccionado por Jeff y Ann VanderMeer para su #StoryBundle anual, junto con joyas como lo mejor de la revista Clarkesworld del año, o la nueva antología de Ann VanderMeer, The Bestiary, con relatos de Catherine Valente o China Miéville. El #StoryBundle puede adquirirse en la siguiente dirección, en formatos MOBI y E-Pub:
Os dejamos el texto de la promo:
THE VANDERMEER WINTER MIX TAPE BUNDLE
Curated by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer
It's that time of year when you're looking for great reading and for unusual gifts for friends and family. We think we've got what you're looking for, bringing you not just new selections from our Cheeky Frawg Books but also a hand-picked selection from other independent publishers.
We're curating what we're calling a VanderMeer Winter Mix Tape for storybundle.com, a great, often exclusive selection of ten wonderful novels and fiction collections by writers from all over the world. This is our thank you to readers for your support over the years, and a way that you can help us, too.
As always, at StoryBundle, you name your own price—whatever you feel the books are worth, and if you choose, a portion of the proceeds goes to charity. The bulk of the monies go directly to writers or their publishers and also fund our translation projects across platforms like Weirdfictionreview.com and our various anthologies. You can make a big difference in our ability to research and bring to English-language audiences the international wealth of speculative fiction out there.
What do we mean by exclusive? Titles like the original anthology Bestiary, with new fiction from China Miéville, Catherynne M. Valente, and many others can't be bought in e-book form anywhere else. Anna Tambour's World Fantasy Award-finalist novel Crandolin isn't available in e-book form elsewhere, either. Nor can you read German writer Eugen Egner's screwball fantasy The Eisenberg Constant anywhere but through this Storybundle. Not to mention the just-released career-defining two-part behemoth that is Leena Krohn: Collected Fiction, Spanish Steampunk, feminist space adventure, and much more.
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you feel generous), you'll get the basic bundle of five books in any eBook format—WORLDWIDE. If you pay $15 (or more, if you feel generous), you'll get the five bonus books as well.
The VanderMeer Winter Mix Tape bundle runs for one month only. This is a great deal, and a great way to pick up a batch of books for those winter nights. It's also a great way to show your support for wonderful, unique fiction and the creative people who write it. – Ann & Jeff VanderMeer
The initial titles in the VanderMeer Winter Mix Tape Bundle (minimum $5 to purchase) are:
- Crandolin by Anna Tambour
- Leena Krohn's Collected Fiction Part 1: The Novels by Leena Krohn
- The Best of Spanish Steampunk by James and Marian Womack
- The Other Half of the Sky by Athena Andreadis
- The Narrator by Michael Cisco
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $15, you get all five of the regular titles, plus these outstanding books:
- The Bestiary by Ann VanderMeer
- Clarkesworld: Year Six by Neil Clarke and Sean Wallace
- The Eisenberg Constant by Eugen Egner
- Leena Krohn's Collected Fiction Part 2: Stories and Appreciations by Leena Krohn
- Not Dark Yet by Berit Ellingsen
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It's also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We've chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic comics are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that's fine! You'll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there's nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our the bonus price, you'll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.